1/19/2005

Keeping the media honest with podcasting


This is an interesting article on several levels. First this is a commentary based upon an interview with UserLand Software CEO Scott Young. That interview is offered as part of ZDNet's podcasts, and the article references the time code of the interviews mp3, so the reader can cross reference what Young actually said with the representation in the article. A very interesting way to offer several layers of information.

And the article itself is also pretty cool. They talk about the value of RSS for keeping track of all sorts of content. Sure, using it for weblogs is pretty good. I recently experimented with using Web Collaborator for a couple of group projects. The killer feature was an RSS feed for each collaboration. I just added each project to my daily RSS feeds, and it was really easy to keep up with the latest posts. I saw a recent reference to an RSScalendar, but the website wouldn't load for me. I'll check it out later, but the concept seems like it could be really useful.

No comments: